Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Curiouser and curiouser

Read a very interesting article on wedding diets today.  A lovely reminder that a "wedding is a beginning, rather than an end."


I am a bit of a hypocrite though. I have most definitely been keeping up a rigorous workout schedule for the past year. I find that more than anything, exercise helps me manage my stress, and wedding planning is a very stressful endeavor. If I'm not stressed, I drink less alcohol and thus don't gain weight as easily.

What does it say about a modern wedding if a girl is driven to near alcoholism planning a 65-person supper, and has to resort to three hours of boot camp a week just to maintain her sanity (and put down the six pack)?

Nothing good, but we all know this, don't we?

Do let me know if any of you have figured out how to avoid this sort of wedding-related-stress-weight-fluctuations. I'm sure there's someone out there who has avoided the pressure.

David Bellemere via Free People

1 comment:

  1. What a fascinating read! I'll admit, I'm one of those people that drops weight free fall during periods of serious stress, but I have no idea what I'll do when we get down to planning!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...