Tuesday, December 20, 2011

In which my subconscious is telling me something

Three weeks to the wedding and the nightmares have set in. I'd heard about this happening, but didn't think it would happen to me. Or more accurately, I didn't think they'd bother me if I had them, because I have nightmares multiple times a week about tsunamis and murder and really scary things. You know, scarier than a wedding.


But last night I dreamed my wedding bouquet arrived from our florist, and it was made of broccoli, accented with dying thistle, wrapped in a stained red paper napkin. And it was really upsetting. In the dream I worried about finding time to get to the florist and grab some peonies. I worried about people thinking I had bad taste or that I had asked for broccoli. I worried about people judging me as I walked down the aisle for having lost weight. (?)

Anxiety I didn't know I had. Thanks a lot, wedding, for letting me know.

Marketing poster c 1960 via Meatless Monday

1 comment:

  1. Oh, the subconscious-doing us all sorts of favors, isn't it? Last night I dreamt I was WEEPING FOR DAYS. Woke up feeling refreshed!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...