Thursday, August 18, 2011

Tonight's the Big Night

After almost four years of dating, eighteen months of living together and one beautiful diamond ring, we are finally biting the bullet. Tonight, my parents are meeting Adam's parents for the first time.

We didn't intentionally keep the two families apart this long: Adam's parents are retired and travel 10 months of the year and my parents both travel a lot for work, so scheduling even a short dinner was a huge feat.

But honestly, we didn't exactly hustle the process. I'm sure everything will be fine... but I can't help thinking that some member of someones' family is going to relax a little too much and, well, let the crazy out.


Can't be too worried, though. For all I know, that person could be me.

Anyone have any good stories about inlaws meeting inlaws? Wish me luck!

via Awkward Family Photos

3 comments:

  1. You love him and your parents. He loves you and his parents. They'll all come together just fine-and if they don't, well just think of how long it'll be til the next visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thanks. I'm so nervous! I'm sure everything will be fine though. I'll update tomorrow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm positive it'll be just great. don't you worry your purdy little head.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...