Friday night, Adam and I went to see Moneyball in the theatre. Have you seen it? Brad Pitt plays a baseball GM who tries a new method of scouting players. His character is intent on proving that his method can make a winning team, and he endures massive setbacks along the way.
via From Me To You
The movie had me thinking all weekend. I realized that I am working so hard lately, but I haven't really defined my end goal. I have felt for months like I am working just to work. Recently I have had more opportunities than ever, and my work days are stretching well into the early morning and into the night.
But if there is no specific goal, what is the point? When will I know that I've achieved anything? How will I know when I can stop?
I will be thinking about this all week until I am able to do this: Define my career goal and write it down.
Then I will refocus my work efforts entirely to achieve That Specific Thing.
Otherwise, it's all just time away from my friends, family and fiance. And that is the opposite of happiness.

Girl, you are all kinds of blogging in the last 24 hours-and no joke, I have that photo saved in my "use this sucker soon" file!
ReplyDeleteI think a moment of reflection and focus sounds like just the thing. There's no good in working your head off not to get anywhere you meant to go.
Also, now I want empanadas, that green ring and that GORGEOUS girl's confidence.
I was having a moment of madness! Haha. Catching up on all my blogging in one go. :) I miss it when I get busy!
ReplyDelete