Sunday, October 23, 2011

The theme is "wedding"

People keep asking me, "what's your wedding theme?" and "what are your wedding colors?" and I say "the theme is wedding" and "all the colors". 

I love (love love!) when people are so into a book or a country that they plan a wedding around it. It's awesome. It makes for a unique party, and the photos are cool, and I love seeing them on the blogs. 
But Adam and I aren't really obsessed with anything like that. He likes squash and football, I like Pinterest and crossword puzzles. We like going to pubs and drinking beer. We like dancing. We both subscribe to the motto of less stuff more life


So our wedding will be wedding theme. We're having it at a pub with locally brewed beer and a dance floor. And the groomsmen are wearing suits they own, at least one bridesmaid is wearing a two-year-old dress, and I'm wearing shoes I bought for my sister's wedding last year. 

Nothing will match, and maybe it will look like crap, but I doubt it. I think it will look like us. And I love us enough to bet half my stuff that we'll be together forever

What do you guys think? Do you prefer weddings to have themes? 

xo

3 comments:

  1. I know, right? We are so creative. I can't wait to hear your plans for your wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. Do what the hell you want. Do what is you!

    P.S. I may have to steal the genius line of "a wedding themed wedding" tis perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...