All the beauty magazines say things like "Don't wash your hair everyday! Use dry shampoo!" because supposedly it's better for your hair and will extend the life of your color and whatnot.
So I found this little sample bottle of Salon Grafix Invisible Dry Spray Shampoo when Adam and I were in Seattle on Canada Day (Canadian fail). And I have two things to say about it.
#1. It works
#2. It might kill you
Giving human girls unrealistic expectations about their hair since 2011:
Catherine "Winning" Middleton via What Kate Wore. Photo by Chris Jackson/Getty Images
Catherine "Winning" Middleton via What Kate Wore. Photo by Chris Jackson/Getty Images
Yes, I followed the directions and sprayed it on my hair, layer at a time, waited for it to dry and brushed it out. And yes, it removed the grease and my hair was leave-the-house ready without all that pesky showering business.
But it also contains Butane. As in could asphyxiate you, get it the f out of the house Butane. I'm sure it won't asphyxiate you, but still. It's worth noting that you're spraying a highly volatile, highly toxic gas on your head to avoid jumping in the shower for ten minutes.
Conclusion: Take the time to have a shower, and air dry your hair in the sunshine. Or just live with greasy hair, whatever.
Here's that quick reminder: I'm a hobby blogger (say that five times fast), and I don't get paid or compensated for reviews.
And let's throw in a disclaimer too: These are only my opinions, I'm not at all an expert in this field. Just sharing my experience and some extremely low-level research involving reading a package and logging onto Wikipedia.

No comments:
Post a Comment