Thursday, July 21, 2011

Holy smokes

OK Blogstars, can someone help me out? I know that there are, like, 50 gazillion wedding blogs and probably twice as many personal style blogs, but are there any blogs devoted to what to wear for all the events leading up to the wedding? I was at a bridal shower last night and The Bride told me that she has bought no fewer than twelve dresses for her Bridal Events. 

Charlotte Gainsbourg via the Morning After Pill via East Side Bride

Which include: the parents-meeting-parents dinner, the friends-only engagement bash, the formal engagement party, engagement photos, bridal shower, bridesmaids' tea, out-of-town bachelorette, bachelorette party, rehearsal, rehearsal dinner, night before the wedding, wedding, reception dress, wedding night, morning-after-wedding brunch, leaving for the honeymoon/"going away outfit", plus the honeymoon (another dozen outfits plus bikinis).

All this just makes me want to go to sleep! And even though I am kind of horrified at the sartorial breadth I am facing, I'm also pretty stoked to come up with outfits. I sort of feel like Kate before she went on her Canadian tour, faced with a wide variety of events and charged with having the perfect outfit for each. It's half expensive, stressful nightmare and half girly, let's-get-gussied-up dream. 

Am I a bad Practical bride?

3 comments:

  1. Not at all-it's a lot to do, and events where the same people will keep seeing you! That said, don't be afraid to wear things you already have-they'll be like lucky dresses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm planning to maybe buy 1 or 2 new outfits, but mostly work with what I already have for all the special events coming up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe I'll buy one of those wear-them-20-ways dresses and just fake everyone out with accessories. I could have a secret prize for the first person to call me out!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...