In case you missed the show (and by that I mean Fashion) too, here are my favorite styles from the night.
The Gals
Most stylish: Natalie Portman
Love the rose (so ballerina!), adored her diamond necklace, bananas for her black nail polish. This look is bold, elegant, fun and classy just like the talented gal herself.
Best use of color: Mila Kunis
I love how Mila let the dress speak for herself, with swept up hair, no necklace, a barely-there bracelet and no bag. She looks like the Goddess of the Rainforest or something. J'adore.
Best accessorizer: Hailee Steinfeld
New comer Hailee Steinfeld made her white gown look extra fresh with her pop-of-turquoise clutch and sleek ponytail. Brides take note.
Best update: Claire Danes
We've seen the neckline, the color and the hair style before, but somehow Claire's gown seemed modern. Was it the plunging back, the golden cuff, or the tint of orange in the silk? Yes.
Risky dress that totally paid off: Michelle Williams
They say fashion is cyclical, and while I believe it (welcome back, boho, neon, leggings etc etc), I can't say I ever really believed that the 90s would return. And then here comes Miss Williams, rocking a Valentino frock with oh-so-Drew-Barrymore-circa-1993 daisies all over it, and she's all "Check it" and I'm like "Wha?!" and she's like "You know it" and I'm like "Daymn, girl!" and she's all "Ya, that's what I thought." I sense haters are gonna hate this dress, and I say let 'em hate. I dig it.
Best statement dress: Emma Stone
Oh Emma Stone. I loved you in Easy A, and to quote Amy Winehouse, I miss your ginger hair and the clothes you like to wear. But I get where you're going with this ultra-modern, monochromatic, Gwyneth-back-when-she-was-dating-Brad look. You want to show your versatility so you don't get pigeonholed into hot-girl-in-teen-movie limbo (remember Tara Reid?). This dress is the Fashion equivalent of shaking an etch-a-sketch and starting fresh, and I love it.
My personal favorite: Scarlett Johansson
I guess this is pretty predictable, given my adoration for all things feminine, sparkly, sleeved, glamorous and romantic, but I'm bananas for this.
The Fellas
Normally I don't care about the boys because they all look so similar, though dashing, in their crisp black tuxes. However, I have to give props to these two adorable gents for injecting a pulse into their suits:
Most modern: Joseph Gordon-Levitt
Skinny tie, modern boutonniere, fresh shaved. Get on with your bad self.
Best classic with a twist: Darren Criss
The perfect tux, the perfect bow tie, the perfect hot pink Ray-Bans. This is young Hollywood.
What do you think? Who do you think was best dressed?
By the way, I'm not into "Fashion Don'ts". There's just way too much negativity on the Internet to add to it, don't you think?
Images via MTV








mila kunis looks all "WOW" vampy! love these picks from the day!
ReplyDelete