Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Locket down

Lockets.


They're one wedding detail that I predict will make a big comeback, but I didn't mention in my 2011 Trend Predictions. That's because I don't see lockets as a "trend" - they're a classic.  I love seeing a bride wear a meaningful locket with a photo or message tucked inside, whether it's draped around her neck, pinned to her bouquet or slipped between the leafs of a book that's read in the ceremony.

 via Martha

Best of all, there are tons of gorgeous, affordable lockets on Etsy for girls who want to start their own traditions.

Check it:

For a girlie bride getting married in a meadow on Midsommer's eve and serving strawberry pie and champagne at the reception:


For the sophisticated bride getting hitched at city hall and then hosting a cocktail reception at a downtown restaurant where the signature drink is a Dirty Martini:


For the hopeless romantic whose sister will read aloud from Jane Austen during the ceremony, and whose candlelight reception (at home, in winter) will serve gourmet fettuccini alfredo and red wine:


For the carefree girl eloping on a cliff by the sea in November (wearing rainboots under her thick wool dress) and saving her cash for an exotic honeymoon to Marrakesh:


Yum!

Best of all, each of those Etsy lockets are inexpensive - all are less than $100, three are less than $20 (can you guess which?)! How many wedding details are that affordable?

4 comments:

  1. i LOVE lockets. hoping they make a stellar comeback!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What lovely picks! I do think lockets are classic, and especially charming at weddings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm a huge locket fan. these are gorg!

    xo Alison

    ReplyDelete
  4. hmm, I agree wholeheartedly. timeless, always.

    I had one on my bouquet the day of and it has turned into one of my favourite pieces of jewelry. found it - rose gold - on ebay WITH MY MAIDEN NAME initials. perfect, really.

    (in fact, I wore it so much I broke the chain. time to rectify this!)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...