Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Most stylish girls on the Internet

Reading my 101 in 1001 list, two items jump out to me as really, really difficult. I think you'd be surprised that the two tasks I'm dreading most are: 

56. Determine my personal style philosophy
57. Reduce my wardrobe to pieces that reflect my style

It took me months to pick out rain boots, yet I've challenged myself with defining my style philosophy, and editing my wardrobe to reflect this in only 1001 days? Madness!

Luckily, I have the Internet. To help me get started on determining my style, here's a round-up of some of my most favorite outfits on some of the most stylish bloggers In The Universe and how these outfits would fit my life. (Ed note: I just reread this and realized I describe myself "walking around" in almost every outfit. This is pretty reflective of my life so I'm going to leave it in, but I wanted to give a shout out to redundancy.)

Mixing prints when out out for a stroll downtown on a sunny Saturday:


Modern and lady-like look for meeting Adam's parents for Lebanese food in Gastown:

Going for a stroll in Stanley Park with my girlfriends (followed by a rum cocktail at The Pirate Pub under the Burrard Street Bridge): 

For hanging out on the rooftop pool of the Fairmont Waterfront, overlooking Vancouver Harbour:


And for meeting Adam for an evening stroll and patio supper:
 
PS These are shorts via Fatshionable

For walking to the financial district for a meeting with a supplier:


and for a walk on Robson Street afterward to pick up some new lip stain at MAC:


The perfect ensemble for a working-from-home day lunch hour walk:



And for a frocktail party with the girls:



One thing these ensembles share is that they're complete right down to the perfect accessories. I think that's where I'll start: paying attention to detail. Hopefully the rest will follow.

P.S. Kendi's Create a Working Closet series is just brilliant and I'm following it verbatim. Check it out: part 1, part 2, part 3, part 4

4 comments:

  1. Gah, I can't imagine how tricky it would be the cut all the unnecessary stuff out of my closet! I think your picks are just divine, and strike a perfectly chic chord-now if only I knew how to define it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a similar style goal. Can't wait to see where you go with this! Love some of your choices so far!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh man! the last couple are my favorites! excellent picks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All your style picks are great.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...