1. Ladylike details, like fluttery-lace sleeves, tea-length bridesmaids dresses and scalloped edges
via 100 Layer Cake
via Perfect Bound
2. Vintage-inspired hairstyles (like this chignon that bloggers went nuts over)

and this stylish gal's embellished short-hair swoop:

via 100 Layer Cake
via Perfect Bound2. Vintage-inspired hairstyles (like this chignon that bloggers went nuts over)

and this stylish gal's embellished short-hair swoop:

She's also mixing a (comparatively) inexpensive dress with (high-end) Chanel shoes,
another trend we'll be seeing more of in 2011
another trend we'll be seeing more of in 2011
3. A scaling back of the DIY madness (fake mustaches will be replaced with more elegant touches like Nicole Richie's embroidered sleeve)

4. Color! Inspired by Miss Middleton's sapphire, 2011 will see a boom in gemstone engagement rings, bright flowers and saturated hues for bridal gowns.
Beautiful brides in color:
Ruby red engagement ring via Snippet and Ink5. A sleevification (go with it) of the bride. Sleeves have started edging into the mainstream thanks to Ivanka Trump, and Kate Middleton's gown will most likely have sleeves. Bridal designers will take note and more and more sleeveful (go with it) styles will hit the runways.
via Blog Goggles (who has a whole series on gowns with sleeves - love her!)
via Blog Goggles (who has a whole series on gowns with sleeves - love her!)And three wild predictions I'll throw out there too:
1. We'll see bridesmaids wear shorts. Not Daisy Dukes, but demure, silky shorts. How else are they going to keep up with all the Bocce, Twister and lawn bowling?
via FashionnMonster
via Cupcakes and Cashmere
via Polka Dot Bride2. The wreath will make a comeback, and not just for Christmas. We'll see floral wreaths in hair come summer. I mean come on, how darling?
via Wrinkle in Time3. New "bouquets": The traditional floral arrangement carried down the aisle will be replaced by giant paper flowers, books, wreaths, candles or meaningful jewelry.
via 100LCWhat do you think? I'm curious to see if I hit the mark or not!




can't wait to see if you're right, these are some LOVELY finds and ideas for the new year..
ReplyDeleteOooo. Great predictions. (As I sit here in almost September!)
ReplyDeleteGlad I was ahead of the curve with sleeves!