Monday, January 10, 2011

Color me excited

You might have noticed that tucked into my 101 in 1001 list, along with my simple to-dos (#51 Try Pilates and #24 Read Atlas Shrugged), there were a couple really big ones (like #12 - Buy a home).

I've been tucking cash away for my down payment for more than five years now, and soon enough the time will be right to actually go house hunting (hooray!).

In the meantime, I'm starting to get excited for proper decorating. Not just hide-the-flaws, deal-with-the-landlord's-chosen-paint-color decorating, but injecting real style into my own home.

Here are some rooms that are getting me really excited to paint, wallpaper, hang lighting and generally get my nest on.

Wintery colors with a nod to geometric lines:


 A perfectly organized (and yet liveable!) closet with charming details: fabulous drawer pulls, inspiring photos and a stunning, architectural green lamp:


 A come-one-come-all dining room with brushed metal pendant light, hand-me-down chairs and oh-so-contemporary lobster wall art. I'm crazy for that lobster!


And a simple, fresh kitchen table with the perfect wallpaper/artwork combination, a beautiful drum light and easy high-low details (I'm pretty sure Ikea sells those chairs!)



I'm getting so excited! 2011 is going to be a terrific year.

P.S. Speaking of homes: 20 ways to get organized in five minutes or fewer

5 comments:

  1. ooh! i love that kitchen setup in the last photo! good luck saving up for that downpayment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It's a long road but I think it'll be worth it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you're buying in van city? let me know if you need any 'professional' advice - although methinks you have plenty of inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Liz - yup, trying to anyhow. Saving my pennies one at a time! Thanks for the offer, I'm sure I'll need all the help I can get :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! That is very exciting...I love to plan but I'm nowhere near that goal yet

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...