Monday, June 27, 2011

Let's hear it for the boys

So Adam thinks renting a tux is a bummer. He thinks that it's worth the investment for him to buy and tailor a nice suit, particularly because there's a Perry Ellis outlet not far from our apartment (where he bought a gorgeous suit last year for $100. That's right, $100 for an entire designer suit). And I agree.

Anyway, since Adam will be buying a nice, crisp suit for The Big Day, we've decided that we won't ask the groomsmen to rent tuxes either. Instead, we'll let them wear a suit of their choice. At first I was a little hesitant about this idea, wondering how this would look in photos and whatnot.

But then I went on Pinterest and looked up mismatched groomsmen, and this is what I saw:

Hello, hunks. 

Oh, and thanks to years of reading blogs like ESB and APW, I already have an answer when people ask, "How will anyone know they are the groomsmen if they're not wearing matching suits?"

Because they will be at the front of the church with Adam, standing up when we get married. Duh.

And because knowing Adam's groomsmen, they'll make SURE everyone knows that it's Their Day Too. Hehe.

Another choice made!

Photos via Green Wedding Shoes, Etsy, and Picasa

2 comments:

  1. These dudes look FANTASTIC non matching-I love this! And your answer to the question about how you'll be able to spot 'em.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the idea. Make sure they have stylish matching boutonnieres. Not many other guys will be wearing those!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...