Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Ladies in red

When I saw my girl Liz was featured on Grey Likes Weddings yesterday, I squealed with excitement. Not only is Liz really Talented (yes, capital T), she's not your average floral designer.*

What I love about these arrangements is her use of red. I love red, but I find it can look harsh and cheap when used in the wrong shades or contexts. Luckily Liz knows what she's doing:


Inspired by her use of color, I turned to my Tumblr archive and pulled out all the red wedding accents I'd been saving in my inspiration files. Et voila, a delightful red event emerges!

A garnet engagement ring for other January birthday girls (hey, I turned 28 yesterday!):

via Adzias

A vintage Save The Date featuring poor driving safety skills but a beautiful shade of red:



Styling around the red bouquet (love the Valentino shoes and groom's tie):


Ruby frocks for the girls who stand up for you:


Snacks during cocktail hour (the signature drink is a Bloody Mary):


A small, simple cake (with raspberry filling):


Tasty favors for the guests:

And a romantic, rainy honeymoon:

Red is so romantic! And surprisingly modern I think. Loves it. 

*For one thing, I met her in Montreal when she was studying architecture and history (how many florists have that on their resume?), but she's originally from the West Coast (represent!), and now she's down in Austin bringing her unique sophisticated-but-fun styles to the south. Talk about a unique perspective.

8 comments:

  1. love all the red! i LOVE those flowers by Liz, I saw them yesterday and they are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely LOVE red-it will be a shade most certainly featured when we get hitched! And I adore the photos you collected-red done right!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy belated birthday! I'll have to check out Liz's site since she's in Austin, and I'm in Austin. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy belated birthday! The ring looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah: how on earth did I miss this? harumph. you know I already wished you happy birthday, and a huge thank you for promoting my flower stylz.

    You're due for a bouquet whenever I head back NW.

    Calling all austinites: we need to meet. or, you know, exchange flowers. there may be a pop up flower shop/farmers market craft far in the near future -- watch out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. also, I love red. everything, everything red. yum.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha, no worries. Looks like you've been busy, Liz! Congrats on all the exposure this week

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...