Once again, I only completed two items in full, but I got started on a ton more. I'm feeling pretty good!
*Purple items are in progress, Blue are complete
Kindness and Gratitude
Culture and Soul
5. Take special care of friends in need
7. Complete two random acts of kindness per month (4/66)
I filled up Adam's car with gas and bought a homeless man a large hot chocolate. More ideas are welcome!25. Create a unique piece of jewelry - Done!
27. Support local artists and visit three local galleries (1/3)
Check out my post on SweaterLodge here
Fitness and health
45. Complete the 100 push-up challenge*
Unfortunately I pulled my shoulder doing this and had to take a few weeks off. Starting back up again today.
Fitness and health
45. Complete the 100 push-up challenge*
Unfortunately I pulled my shoulder doing this and had to take a few weeks off. Starting back up again today.
49. Swim 1 mile (64 lengths) - Done!
53. Learn 10 healthful, whole foods recipes (1/10)
I learned how to make a low-fat, healthful lasagna, packed with veggies, and I've made it three times this month. Adam is crazy (like, c-a-ra-z-a-y) for lasagna, so it's been flying out of the fridge. Yay!
I learned how to make a low-fat, healthful lasagna, packed with veggies, and I've made it three times this month. Adam is crazy (like, c-a-ra-z-a-y) for lasagna, so it's been flying out of the fridge. Yay!
Creativity and style
56. Determine my personal style philosophy
Still in progress. At one point I thought, "Yes! Kate Spade at a Dropkick Murphys concert!" So ya, needs more work. But I'm leaning toward simple, feminine, classic, casual pieces like silk blouses, a long wool blazer, and dark trouser jeans (when I can wean myself off of leggings). The type of clothes I can wear when working at home, to lunch with clients, walking in trendy Yaletown and for dinner at a nice restaurant, all in one day and in one outfit. That's the dream.
Still in progress. At one point I thought, "Yes! Kate Spade at a Dropkick Murphys concert!" So ya, needs more work. But I'm leaning toward simple, feminine, classic, casual pieces like silk blouses, a long wool blazer, and dark trouser jeans (when I can wean myself off of leggings). The type of clothes I can wear when working at home, to lunch with clients, walking in trendy Yaletown and for dinner at a nice restaurant, all in one day and in one outfit. That's the dream.
57. Reduce my wardrobe to pieces that reflect my style
Every piece I buy, I donate two pieces from my wardrobe to charity. It's effective!
Every piece I buy, I donate two pieces from my wardrobe to charity. It's effective!
58. Write three short stories (1/3)
One came pouring out of me last week, and I think it's pretty good. If I publish it online, I'll link it. But I'm a bit shy about that.
One came pouring out of me last week, and I think it's pretty good. If I publish it online, I'll link it. But I'm a bit shy about that.
Professional
72. Keep maintaining meticulous financial records via Google docs
In progress
78. Continue to contribute twice monthly to retirement savings plan
In progress
In progress
Joyful
93. Score more than 400 in Scrabble
We played approximately 50 games this month, but I'm still floundering in the 300s. More practice!
94. Put aside a $600 Summer Slush-Fund for last-minute fun (1/3)
Done for 2011!
Done for 2011!
98. Find four new artists/bands to love (1/4)
Yeasayer, anyone?
Anyone else participating? How are you doing on your lists this month?
Yeasayer, anyone?
Anyone else participating? How are you doing on your lists this month?
Wonderful progress! I love your list! I just posted an update on my 101 challenge. I think we started at the same date!!! good luck!!
ReplyDelete