via E!Online
The Gown
Kate will wear a British designer, putting the spotlight on UK talent. Judging by Kate's modern, streamlined taste, the gown will be close fitted on top, and flare out to a full ballgown skirt, to suit the grandeur of Westminster Abbey. The gown will include modern beading and will probably have sleeves, since Kate's Grandmother-in-law is the head of the Church of England and they're getting married in a church, after all.
Kate will wear a British designer, putting the spotlight on UK talent. Judging by Kate's modern, streamlined taste, the gown will be close fitted on top, and flare out to a full ballgown skirt, to suit the grandeur of Westminster Abbey. The gown will include modern beading and will probably have sleeves, since Kate's Grandmother-in-law is the head of the Church of England and they're getting married in a church, after all.
Take for example these beautiful gowns by Brit Jenny Packham:
Kate and William met in at school in Scotland, and he gave her his mother's sapphire ring. Kate will roll with the colored-gem theme and choose these stunning green emerald and diamond pendant and earrings from jeweler to the Royals, Garrand. The knotted setting and fresh green jewel remind her of making out at college in the Scotland highlands.
Jewelry via Garrard
So pretty!
The wheels
The Royals are big on symbolism: A documentary I saw of Sarah Ferguson's wedding to Prince Andrew showed Sarah walking down the aisle with a crown of flowers in her hair, which was then lifted to reveal a diamond tiara underneath as she walked back down, to symbolize her transition from commoner to part of the Royal Family. There's also been rumors that Kate will be the first Royal bride to arrive at her wedding in a car, not a horse-drawn carriage. I think this would be totally appropriate since she's a true Cinderella story - to arrive in a car and leave in a Royal carriage is pretty romantic.
Of course, if she does that, it should be one helluva car. How about this green-energy fueled Bentley? Queen likes it, don't you Queen?
"Yes" - Queen. Image via Luxuo
So there are a few of my predictions. I may have a few more as the weeks go by, but geeze I've hypothetically spent almost a million dollars already. I'm exhausted.
You're welcome, Kate!








I'm not a huge celebrity wedding person simply because... well... I don't know. I've never really been a fancy fancy dress person actually. But those earrings. Oh those earrings. Oh my gosh. I am made weak. Swoon!
ReplyDelete