Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Party time

In a few weeks, Adam and I are hosting a St Patrick's Day weekend dinner party for our friends. I've got Irish blood, so I'm hoping that will help me when I attempt to cook a feast for fifteen: Guinness and beef stew, Irish soda bread and Dublin cheddar, green peas the way Nana made them, creamy mashed potatoes, green salad, and sugar cookies shaped like shamrocks. I want this to be the start of a new tradition for our baby family (#11), because Adam and I love hosting dinner parties.

 via Bhldn

And wouldn't this green frock be perfect for a St Patrick's hostess? Maybe one day, when my kitchen is larger than 10 square feet and I have butlers to pass around flutes of Irish spring water. Until then I'll stick with my greenest t-shirt and jeans. But a girl can dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...