Friday, February 4, 2011

Exciting news!

A few months ago, I wrote a post for A Practical Wedding on Do's and Don'ts for Friends of the Pre-Engaged, because frankly, I was getting pissed off. Long story short, friends and strangers alike kept implying that Adam didn't love me because he hadn't proposed within some magical window of acceptability. Seriously, what? Anyway I wrote that post to get some power back, and it got a bunch of wicked smart comments from women way more grounded than I, and I felt wonderful.


The Exciting News is that today Meg posted a follow-up to my article called Questions to Ask Before Marriage. Um, amazing! Even if you're already married, APW is the greatest source of relationship sanity on the web. Psst - read the comments. They are gems of wisdom that will blow your mind.
 
Happy Friday!

4 comments:

  1. I had a huge girl crush on you when I read this, and didn't even realize I was reading your blog! As a married pre-engaged person (it's complicated, but it works for us), I absolutely LOVED this.

    Hope you guys are having a divine weekend!

    xo, Lena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thank you! That is so sweet! And now I kind of feel famous hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Lena! I found your blog because of that article...absolutely loved it. Isaiah and I have been engaged for almost two years and don't have a date set...when we tell people, they assume either I'm having a hard time "pushing" Isaiah into getting married or that I'm having second thoughts...it's all very offensive. Anyway, I was with you, girl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now I feel wonderful again. Thanks guys! Sounds like you guys are both really happy. Don't let the bastards get you down, Lizzie! Who wants things to be totally simple anyway?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...