Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Good advice for lazy housekeepers

How's this for good advice: 

"Keep your place within ten minutes of being "guest ready"- This means not leaving our stuff around, keeping the kitchen stocked with a few basics (cheese, crackers, olives) and having a full bar."
- Emily Schuman of Cupcakes and Cashmere

I read this and I thought, awesome. I can do that. 

Here are some other details from Emily's place that are easy to borrow. Like hanging a sparkly banner:


 Framing resolutions and keeping it visible everyday:


And keeping the aforementioned fully stocked bar super stylish, with some graphic art and a vintage table, to balance all the bottles:


Easy peasy lemon squeezy!

Check out her House Tour on Apartment Therapy

1 comment:

  1. Resolution framing: Oh my gosh. That is literally the best idea ever.

    Right now I like to cut patterned cards in half and then cut pictures and glue them to them... does this make any sense at all? Basically, give the people I love a nicer background (ha!) but I still have millions of gorgeous, unused frames to go (can you say addict?)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...