Thursday, February 10, 2011

Going (all) out

In the last two years, Adam and I have been invited to now fewer than thirteen weddings. We've been busy. I guess we're just at that age! This year should be a bit quieter - we're only invited to one, and it's in town, in September. 

Besides what we're going to do with all that free time and money in the summer, the most important question to me is, obviously, what am I going to wear to that one fabulous wedding? The event is black tie, Adam's a groomsman and it's being held at one of the chicest venues in town. Talk about a trifecta of excuses to splurge on a fabulous gown. 

I'm sure in reality my budget will be more of the "borrow a gown and wear my mom's pearls" variety, but let's pretend I had an unlimited slush fund for this, shall we? If I did, I'd probably slip on, oh, I don't know:

A paneled silk-satin coral gown with quartz earrings, a deco brooch and gold accessories.


Or a vintage inspired peach silk and leather gown with lace knuckle box and garnet inspired details.
 
Or maybe a pleated silk-chiffon gown with begonia patent bow pumps and a twinkly clutch.
Or a Nile blue silk chiffon gown accented with peridot and diamond jewelry and paired strappy thin gold sandals. 


Sigh, a girl can dream. 


 Check out my Polyvore for shopping links

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...