Thursday, February 24, 2011

Bad days

I've been struggling these past few weeks, because everything from death to divorce to losing a home has hit my dearest friends full-on. Ever feel like you're in the eye of a hurricane? It's tough. On one hand, I feel like I have to stay super strong for my friends (and it is wearing me down a bit), and on the other, I feel like I'm waiting for a disaster to hit me, too.


Everyone handles grief their own way: some people don't want to talk about it, other people only want to talk about it and nothing else, and it seems like no one can say "I need you to do x, y and z to help me through this." Oh how badly I wish I knew what x, y and z were.


How do you help your friends in crises?

3 comments:

  1. Your care package is PERFECT. As someone going through a bit of a crisis (John's Masters recital is days away and we need to move because our lunatic next-door neighbor likes threatening us with knives), I know that's a care package that would totally make me smile.

    Lucky us, his parents are in town-and are planning to hire movers to get us set up in a new place while we're at work/school on Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw thanks - they went over really well with my friends and it felt wonderful to do something nice.

    Sorry about your crisis, but it sounds like you've got a great support system to help you through it! Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is one of the sweetest things i've heard! i love that you're so thoughtful and sweet...your friends have it lucky, lady!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...