Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Onward!

Onward with the 101 in 1001!  Last night, while vegging on the couch, I realized I could be checking off another item on my list: #25. Create a unique piece of jewelry.

Like most girls, I have a huge stash of old necklaces that I've been hoarding saving because of their interesting charms, sentimental value or beautiful beads. This stash was my jumping off point; specifically, some blue-green gems on a pair of broken earrings. I loved the gems, and decided they would be the focal point of my creation. 

So I went over to Polyvore and looked at what style of necklace I wanted to make. Basically I typed in "jewelry" and then selected the color of my gems. 

Here's what I collected for my inspiration:


I like the modern look of the gems being all at the front of the necklace, rather than all the way around. I also loved the blues paired with creamy white and gold, but unfortunately I only had silver chains. 

Here I am taking crappy photos with my iPhone (just to prove I got the pliers out):



 



 Yada yada yada, here's my final creation:


I love it! It has kind of a mix of vintage-vibe pearls with a more modern setting. I can't wait to wear it out! And I think my scrap jewelry box will be getting another work-out. Peeling and plying all the chains apart really soothed me.

PS - Polyvore shopping links over here

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...