It's Maundy Thursday, and that means tomorrow begins Easter long weekend - and for me, it means only two days left until the end of Lent. I gave up alcohol and Nutella, and stuck with it for all 46 days. This year marks 28 years of observing Lent with 0 cheats. I'm proud of my perfect record!
This weekend is jam-packed with fun, but we've got to get through tonight first. Our beloved Vancouver Canucks* are in the Stanley Cup Playoffs and they're playing defending champs Chicago tonight, so we're all a little nervous and excited.
Hope you have some fun planned for this weekend. I might be back tomorrow - but in case I'm too busy prepping Easter dinner, shopping, biking and smooching, here are your weekend links to see you through:
The only thing I've ever made out of coke bottles was a pile of recycling. Impressive!
The chicest 25th birthday party I've ever seen - and bonus points: it's on a hella cheap budget, and easy enough to pull together tonight (really!).
For those who just adore convincing packaging (they had me at Chickweed Marshmellow!)
Up, up and away!
Clever: reverse paper dolls.
I hope this Asparagus Risotto tastes as delicious as these photos.
An oldie but a goodie: heart this simple bedroom.
What to wear to the Kentucky Derby. Love a floppy hat and mint julep!
I am really feeling this rose gold wrist watch. A watch really looks professional and polished (not to mention grown-up) in these days of ubiquitous cellphones. I wear one to meetings so I can check the time without looking like I'm texting.
Lusting over an uber-glam Moroccan doorway.
Berries on a cloud.
One of my favorite weddings ever.
Happy Easter friends!
*They're an ice hockey team for all you Yanks keeping track of my Canadian stereotype count : ) - and yes, we are all obsessed with them! Hockey really is a BIG DEAL up here!

I'm starving, and asparagus risotto sounds AMAZING.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy the booze and the Nutella (and you know, Easter supper and church and all those other Easter things)-I'm so impressed by your determination!
happy almost weekend to you too! i love the berries on a cloud!
ReplyDelete