Monday, April 4, 2011

Summer Living

OK so maybe it's not Summer yet, and it might not even be Spring yet (judging by the floodgates opening over Vancouver's sky), but now that my Spring Cleaning is done, I'm ready for a few new summery things to juice up our apartment. 

When we first moved in, we started from scratch. I literally bought a couch, sheets and new toothbrushes on the same day. To make that first scramble a little more cohesive, we vaguely dubbed our living room "mossy green," our bedroom "icy blue" (I like to be cold when I sleep), and our kitchen "rainbow" colored. Now that we've got the basics covered, I'd like to add a bit more color, starting with our living room. Here's the palette I'm working towards now:
And yes, an icy cold beer is part of the scheme. I gave up alcohol for Lent so it's been on my mind a bit lately, m'kay?

I'm thinking that adding some citrus fruit colors, as well as some more graphic elements (like that graphite ikat polkadot pillow), along with a circle motif, will help bring our basic living room up a notch. I can't wait to go shopping!

Shopping guide via Polyvore

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...