Wednesday, April 27, 2011

White chairs, dark table

Part of getting ready to buy an apartment is dreaming up style, and identifying concepts that I like and want to incorporate. A common theme: I love the idea of finding a high-style look and then replicating it on a budget.

One look that I'm loving lately is the pairing of a heavy, farmhouse-style, reclaimed wood table with crisp, fresh white chairs.

Best of all, this concept can work in a variety of styles. Check it:

Super glamorous:

 

Fun and boho:


Minimalist:
Grown up-chic:

The practical side of me loves this pairing for it's party-friendliness - a big table can fit all of our friends, and the chairs are easy to wipe down. But it sure is pretty, too!

Photos: Glamorous, Making It Lovely (via PlushPalate); Boho, Amber Interiors; Minimalist, Apartment Therapy; Grown up chic, Martha

1 comment:

  1. Love the grown up chic space, and this gorgeous pairing! I can't wait to dress up my own house one day-something about dressing up your rented space feels a little funny, although we did install all sorts of shelves and racks in the bathroom!

    Also, cutest prom story ever!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...