Thursday, March 10, 2011

Blogworthiness on steroids

I read somewhere* that all you had to do to throw a "blogworthy" wedding** was wear a really unique dress and getting hitched in an unusually pretty place. Remember when the blogosphere went bananas for this $5 dress and started booking trips to San Francisco's City Hall?

Brace yourself, because this wedding from Martha Stewart Weddings is about to be everywhere. For better or for worse, this wedding is Blogworthy. Capital B.

Let's begin:
The bride wore a celery-colored, custom designed silk gown with a "hand-beaded Florentine fresco motif," paired with Givenchy shoes and a 19th-century French choker for a headpiece (phew).
 And she marched those Givenchy heels into a heart-shaped meadow with a stunning, lush wood in the background for the ceremony:
This was followed by a reception in a barn, which was decorated with a hand-painted mural and antlers, mounted on hand-painted frescos, on the wall. The menu, a Milanese feast complete with roast duck and candied oranges, was presented in a limerick* and tucked under silver plates.

And for extra credit, the couple even had a flower girl in a feather wreath headpiece (!)

This is the type of wedding that would be a-maz-ing to attend and a daunting, miserable task to plan. But it makes for pretty photos, eh?

Photos via Martha Stewart Weddings


*10000 Delightning Points to whoever can remind me where I read this. I'm guessing APW, ESB or OBB but I can't find the darn thing.
**Seriously, blogs are like a minute old. Focus on having a loveworthy wedding and get over it.
***Martha! You need to print that limerick! I must know what Milanese limerick about duck and oranges sounds like. 

2 comments:

  1. wow. blogworthy indeed. i've never dug blogworthy weddings for the most part, but i'm just trying to train myself that that's someone's WEDDING, you know? to rip it apart is just as bad as to glorify it in some blogworthy hall of fame (where it totally belongs). so i'll keep my claws in for now.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's fun to look at though, right? I need a nap just thinking about painting all those frescos.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...