What do you notice most about this sunny kitchen table? Is it the graphic airplane print? The light pouring in? Or that glass pendant light, hanging demurely over the table like a drop of dew on a flower, sparkling in the sunshine, adding an element of Lego-like playfulness, industrial function, and sophisticated contemporary minimalism to an otherwise hyper-modern, tangerine room?
via Apartment Therapy via Bethany Nauert. Pendant by Alison Berger
I'm ca-raa-zy about PENDANT LAMPS lately. It's almost as bad as the baby-crazies.
My Pendant Lamp Penchant (PLP) started when I was pretend-accessorizing my living room on Polyvore*, and I was looking for a few simple lights to hang over my bookshelf. This eco-friendly cast glass hanging side light came up and I had a jolting reaction to it:
Photo via YLiving
I love it! It randomly reminded me of a Lego set that I got for Christmas circa 1991. I immediately remembered playing with that little set and being so happy, and it felt awesome.
I guess it doesn't really matter why a certain object triggers happy feelings. I just go with it.
What about you? Do you ever have super strong happy reactions to random objects with no real rhyme or reason? I hope so.
*I know. I should volunteer or something. I spent way too much time on teh inter-webs


No comments:
Post a Comment