Friday, April 1, 2011

Happy Weekend!

After a brief burst of sunshine yesterday, it's once again cold and raining in Vancouver. They say April showers bring May flowers, and that sort of sums up the past few weeks. Lots of work and not much play, but hopefully it will all pay off.

 Photo via Making Magique 

This weekend is all about Spring Cleaning, but we'll also be hosting a group of friends for supper at our house (I'm making lasagna) and hopefully I'll find time to go get a haircut. The exciting life of a big city twenty-something!

Without further ado, it's Friday, and that means round-up! Here come the links:

Ten tips for the lazy environmentalist

By the way, I regularly use one of the above tips (mesh produce bags - they suggest the Credo reusable produce bag)* and people have literally chased me down in the grocery store to ask where I got them.

For the lazy girl's bucket list: The 50 books not to read.

I would call these beautiful embroidered Penguin book covers by Jillian Tamaki the exact opposite of lazy. Holy WOW.

Wee paper boat place cards would also be cute for a birthday, baby shower or boat Christening, no? 

Well there goes my afternoon: Anthropologie Tabletop Design Tool

And there goes my pocket money: Heartsy, the Groupon for Etsy stores. 

And my mind: Craigslist made Easy

Pardon me, you have something freaking adorable on your shirt.  

This pretty wedding would suit my sweet friend, who has asked all of her girls to wear something coral to her wedding. (This frock will do just fine!)

Excuse me while I completely lose my sh*t over these unbelievably awesome wedding guest hats - one looks like a juju!

If Teen Mom Bridezillas of Orange County are bumming you out, and you're starting to wonder where all the smart women are (it happens), check out this article on Gerry Ferraro's Other Legacy. Bonus: proof that you don't have to choose between being a woman and being Catholic. 

Haha - This is just how my face looks

Happy Weekend my dears! Stay safe and warm. 


*I use these similar (and cheaper) Crate & Barrel ones. And I'm not kidding about the chase-downs.

3 comments:

  1. 1. I love that you considered boat christenings in this round up. Perfect.

    2. I'm a little embarrassed to admit that I loved a LOT of the books on the 50 not to read list!

    Have a wonderful weekend, a delicious lasagna and a terrific haircut, darling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are so sweet.

    Haven't you always wanted to christen a boat? There's not a whole lot of things I would consider wasting an entire bottle of champagne on, but smashing one against a hull of a new boat has always been on my lifetime bucket list. Must keep saving!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...