Anyway, I saw this cute bridal shower activity over on Peach and Pearl yesterday and I thought, yes. That's it. That's what we should be doing at a bridal shower. Not sitting around in a circle giving the 29-year-old bride a toaster (I mean, come on. If she doesn't have a toaster by now, she doesn't want one).
No. We should be sitting around painting tin cans with cute little designs, gabbing away, eating, and laughing. Obviously our girl needs something cute and indie to tie to the get-away-vehicle more than she needs a gravy boat!*
If people are desperate to bring gifts (you know the type), why not ask them to bring some delicious smelling shampoo & conditioner to donate to the local womens' shelter? Or a canned food item for the food bank? Think of the sexy can-related innuendo you could put on the invite with that last one.
I don't mean to sound judgey. I just feel like most of us have enough stuff already, you know? And what we really want, and need, is a whole lot of other women to talk to. Isn't a bridal
*In other news, I want a gravy boat SO BAD.
Photos via Peach & Pearl via The Gahan Girls via Ali Harper Photography



I think bridal showers are outdated-most women are living with their partners, or at least on their own, by the time they get hitched. Sure, 50 or 60 years ago when women moved out of their parents' house and into their husbands, I can understand the need for this kind of stuff, but now it seems silly.
ReplyDeleteAt the very least, get a registry, so you can buy gifts the bride to be actually wants to receive!
It's so true! I know some people think honeymoon registries are tacky, but I would much rather help send my friends on an awesome honeymoon than buy them something they don't want.
ReplyDelete